Call of Duty: Warzone sees server issues from time to time, and either themselves or subsequent maintenance may cause crashes or other quirks that prevent you from playing.
Our guide will provide you with possible fixes for Online Profile Error 11328 in Call of Duty: Warzone.
Check your server status
Check the game’s server status first in case online profile errors like 11328 and the like crash your game. Here’s what you should do:
- Go to the official Activision Online Services webpage.
- Select Call of Duty: Warzone from the list.
- Select your platform network.
On the next page, you will see the status of your server whether it is online or offline. If it’s offline or undergoing maintenance, all you can do is wait for the servers to come back online naturally.
Restart your system
The developer also recommends that players restart their consoles:
- Hold down the power button on your console.
- Select the “Power” option.
- Choose the “Disable” option.
- Wait a few minutes and press the power button to turn it back on.
You can do the same with your Wi-Fi router by turning it off and turning it back on after waiting a few minutes.
Repair and update your game
Players can easily fix errors via Battle.net tools by doing the following:
- Launch the Battle.net app.
- Select Call of Duty: Warzone.
- Click the gear icon next to the “Play” button.
- Select the “Scan and Repair” option.
- Confirm by pressing “Start scanning”.
Additionally, players can also select “Check for Updates” from the same menu in case the developer releases an official patch.