Fallout 4 is one of the most popular third-person action/survival games. Even years after its release, the game continues to be a hit among the single-player community. This is mainly due to the many playable mods that still bring new appeal to the old game. There are many ways to install mods for Fallout 4. The best of them is through the official Bethesda mods website. Apart from this, you can also use third party modding websites like Nexusmod to get mods for PC users.
How to install Fallout 4 Mods via Bethesda website?
To install Fallout 4 mods from the official Bethesda website, follow the steps below.
- Open Fallout 4 on your respective platform – PC, Xbox or PlayStation.
- Once the game starts, choose the mods button from the main menu. You will be redirected to the official Bethesda mods section.
- Browse the menu or find the mod you need using the search bar.
- After selecting the mod, click on the download button to start downloading the mod of your choice.
- Soon after downloading, you can decide to enable or disable it from the same menu. You can even remove mods from the same menu.
- Now, before using the mods, arrange them using “load order” because mods need to be loaded earlier than others as they may depend on each other.
Remember that these are Bethesda approved community mods and reliable to some degree.
How to install Fallout 4 mods with Nexusmod?
As mentioned earlier, you can also use party mods from popular modding sites like Nexusmod. To do this, follow the instructions.
- Open the Nexusmod website and create an account there.
- After registration, download the Nexusmodmanager application on your PC.
- Confirm the location of your Fallout 4 file directory on the app. Also mention a new folder if you don’t want to install the mods in the same directory as your game.
- Minimize the app and start searching websites for mods.
- After choosing the one you want to download, click the “Download Mod Manager” button to start downloading on the manager.
- Now, once the mod is downloaded, tap on the install option.
- After installation, you can play the mod by launching the game.
Please remember that these are unofficial third party mods. So please install and play it at your own risk.
Want to know more about Fallout? If so, consider checking out All Skills in Fallout: New Vegas or Best Fallout 4 Sex Mods on ps4games.com.